Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

OMG...

So here it is almost 3am, and I'm wide awake after having already been in tears once tonight....

why you might ask?

Well here's the thing. I have asthma, brought on by allergies, and unfortunately I had to work tonight, so everything Chemists included were closed by the time I got home at 8pm...

Now normally I dont need my inhaler every day, and I didnt notice it was empty the last time I used it, so now I have an empty inhaler, a headache from crying, and the feeling of a 1 ton person sitting on my chest.... it also doesnt help that I sound like I swallowed a squeaky toy every time I try to breath....

Short of going to the hospital and missing work for the 2nd week in a row, there is only one option and that is to drive an hour out of my way to a 24 hour chemist that may or may not be open, I called them and no one picked up the phone.

And nothing is open until after 9:30am...

So now it seems like I'm stuck wheezing and gasping for breath until 11:30am when I get off work (if I can actually make it in) running on about 2 hours sleep (if I can go back to sleep that is) and then I get to go back to a humid indoor pool, and sit in water for 3.5 hours teaching a bunch of little kids all about water safety....

As much as I love my job it does not seem to be worth as much as my health and these asthma attacks and chest infections are starting to get out of hand =(

So here's what I propose happens.... All businesses need to CLEARLY state their trading hours, if you have a website there is no excuse to not have them up! And if you are advertising your business online then you need to have your trading hours on your answering machine. You cannot call yourself a "Day and Night" chemist if you are not open at night! and Everyone has emergencies.... there needs to be a 24 hour chemist in every single suburb, the hospital should not be your only option after 6pm!!!

Now my rant is finished, so I will sit here until the wheezing stops enough for me to go to bed.... at the moment I'm trying out a theory that drinking black tea (no sugar or milk) will help stop it.... it tastes horrible and I've had to pee twice before I could finish the cup, but it seems to be working.... slightly

No comments:

Post a Comment