Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gotta Catch Em' All!!

So yeah, not only am I a huge Harry Potter fan, but I'm totally a Pokemon nerd to top it off... and lately I've been seeing these people making Pokemon themed bras.... and I decided to try one out myself, since I know I would never actually be able to buy one in my size (apparently only girls with little boobies get the good bras *pouts*)

Step One: find a plain white bra, and a red and black texter or some fabric markers. I got a good deal on this bra from K-Mart it only cost me $5, but because I couldn't be bothered to go to another shop just to get a red marker I ended up paying $10 for the fabric sharpies from K-Mart as well (on the bright side I now have some pretty colors to write on material with now!)



Step two: Before you start going nuts with the fabric pens (because the ink won't come out in the washer) its best to outline everything in normal pen. As you can see from this picture one of my outlines was a bit off. After you have outlined everything in pen it's time to start coloring in! I swear this bit made me feel like I was 5 years old again XD now just a side note, if you are using markers and you are not sure if they run then for all that is holy please make sure the whole thing is dry before you start coloring in. I brought this stuff home in the rain and part of it got wet, I didn't notice before coloring and part of it ran I had to make a quick fix with fabric paint to cover it up...
Step three: color the top red. I'm not sure how much more explaining this part needs.... Make sure not to go over any of the seams, but make sure and cover all of the top. If you are using a strapless type of bra then remove the strap from the front before coloring just to make sure that you don't accidentally cover part of the strap with marker. If using a normal type bra make sure and leave part of the top white. The point is for it to look like a ball and if you cover the entire top of a normal bra it will look more like a triangle.

Step four: make the other side match! I know it will probably be hard to make them identical unless you have some sort of pattern, I free handed mine so they may not look 100% the same. Now I didn't worry too much about the edges of my lines because I have some fabric paint that I used to straighten them up and sort of outline everything.




FYI: this is what happens when part of the material is wet.... lucky for me I had the fabric paint to cover it up, but if you don't have fabric paint please be careful and make sure the whole thing is dry before coloring in!





Step five: Outline the black bits with some fabric paint (If you have it) to give the lines a more crisp effect and to make them stand out a bit more. If you are using fabric paint please be careful as it will stick to any material and even fingers... I also took this time to fix up my little runny spot with some white fabric paint.



And VIOLA! you have your very own PokeBra! to get rid of any normal pen marks just toss the whole thing in the washer... if you aren't sure about the markers leaking into other fabrics then please make sure and wash it by its self otherwise all your dedicates may turn pink or a very ugly shade of browny black...
After you have washed it and it's dry touch up any spots you might have missed or any spots which have gone light, and then put it on and feel fabulous!!!


Now please note that I don't claim any rights to this idea it is not mine, this bra is mine however and I followed an online tutorial for it. I decided to make my own but there are many others out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment