Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The House Elf Part 1

Well today I have officially finished the House Elf's head. It took a bit of tweaking but now it looks really good (wont know for sure until I have it fully stuffed though and  I cant do that until after I finish his body). I'm working on his legs now, since they have to be sewn to the body.
I'm using beige thread and a regular sewing needle, poly-fill craft stuffing, and flesh colored felt sheets. I wont put a photo up of just his head though (especially since I haven't figured out what to use to make his eyes yet), I will wait until I have the finished product ready to show you.

I am however despising the fact that I have went over my internet downloads for the month and my net speed has been cut down to dial up speed... I feel like I am living in cave man times! My computer room is a total mess because while I am waiting for pages to load and killing time I am either knitting or sewing away like a tiny little machine, much to the disapproval of my fiance who is constantly trying to clean everything up only to have me come right back in and start "working" on another piece... not to say it isnt tidy, its just organized chaos I know where everything is and its all over the place!

I give it about three or four more days until I will have this little dude finished though. I have used a combination of Dobby and Kreature as references for my house elf, and since we never really saw Winky from the Goblet of Fire book I cannot be sure if a female house elf would look much different from a male. I guess this ones gender will greatly depend on what its eyes and mouth look like... Photos to come soon I hope! And once again remember once I have it up the pattern will be free to any one else who feels like they want to take on the task of creating their own little house elf!

1 comment:

  1. I like your elf! And am going to try to make one! Since I don't see any directions then I will just try it by your picture and your pattern!!! Thanks so much! I hope mine turns out as cute as yours!!!! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete