Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The House Elf Correction (my bad!)

So after sewing and falling in love with my house elf plushie doll, I was having trouble figuring out what to make the eyes out of.... I foolishly told all of you to use polymer clay, this was a HUGE mistake! Dont listen to that information what you really needed to do was to make your eyes out of felt. I found a wonderful tutorial on how to make realistic felt eyes on deviant art, This tutorial will help you if you dont know how to make them yourself! I will admit I had no clue how to make them I tried the polymer clay method and it looked atrocious!

I suggest that from now on you just ignore anything I say regarding polymer clay usage unless I put up whole lessons on how I make things using it. For our own good lolz! I also had to make the mouth using felt, it doesnt look that great however, I couldnt find a tutorial on how to make a realistic mouth out of felt.

To top it off I used an old tea towel cut in half and tied at the ends for the clothes. I stitched it in place at the shoulders just to stop it from coming off, and cut another strip off the remaining bit of the tea towel to use as a belt. The good thing about this is that their clothes are supposed to look shabby so it's not that big of a deal for you to use random scraps you have laying around, whether they are a bit dirty or even if they have a hole or stain!
Hope you all have enjoyed this House elf experience! If you make one please let me know how it turns out, and remember you can make and sell as many as you like but please dont try and sell the pattern I made it free for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment