Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

2 Birthdays and a Wedding!

Well the past two weeks have been a big struggle for me, so much stuff to do, so little space to do it all in...

First we had my birthday, during which I had to work,but there has been a blog about that and how my wonderful man made me a lovely dinner ^_^

Second we had Lewy's birthday, he is now officially an old man..... he can no longer call me a cougar XD We had to start making things for his birthday on the Thursday because he took Friday off...

The stuff for all our cakes




Bella helped me out by making cupcakes
my cake stuck to the tin =( I couldn't fill it with cherries any more and had to come up with a new plan



Bella icing her cupcakes
the finished cake... minus the candles
the poor fridge everything had to be shoved in the veggie crisper to make room for the cakes!
Friday morning Lewy gets a healthy breakfast of scrambled eggs. pancakes, bacon, toast with Vegemite, sliced apple, and freshly squeezed orange juice! (I made it myself)
While I worked away in the kitchen getting his surprise dinner ready he played on the PlayStation with Aaron... I told him to pull a face for the camera and this is what I got.
because the kitchen isn't finished yet we don't have a dining room set up, we had to make do with a faux table made out of a desk set up in the lounge room...
quick selfie so you can see how I looked XD
Lewy's cake with the candles on it, all lit up and ready to go!
Bella's pretty cupcakes, I wanted her picture with them but she wouldn't take one for me =(
Birthday Boy blowing out his candles
cutting the cake
quick kiss to mum
finally its over and we can relax in bed with some movies and leftover cake!

There weren't many pictures that got taken unfortunately, no one really wanted to be in them, and I was running around like a spastic trying to make sure everything ran smoothly, it is really hard to try and serve seven people dinner when you don't have a table, or proper bowls (because half of them decided to go missing at the last minute) But Lewy said he had a great night, he did figure out my surprise though so boo on him.... and unfortunately I did run out of time to finish my extra special present.... so it has now turned into an anniversary present since that's in the middle of November. That should give me adequate time to finish it off properly.

Saturday came around quick as anything, the day before our friends got married. We had a barbeque at their house, which almost didn't happen because we thought the barbeque was broken. We drank a little bit, and then the girls headed off to Rhi's mums house. We watched old family movies, and wedding themed movies, I got stuck in a fold out bed, we drank way to much.... but we had fun. Next thing I know its Sunday morning! We're up and ready to go, we made a quick stop by Woolworths (in my pjs!) to grab some fresh fruit for breakfast, the cashier, being nice to us at 7:30am, wondered why we were out so early and Rhi casually mentioned she was getting married today.... I think the cashier was more excited than she was at that point! We headed back to their house to check on the boys and grab a quick shower. Then it was back to Deb's (Rhi's mum) to get our hair and make up done, it looked awesome! Mimosas with our fresh fruit while everyone was teased and braided and pinned, then brushed and blushed.... and finally everything was loaded up into the car and we were on our way to Panorama House to put on our dresses, take some quick photos and then head down the isle. It was a lovely ceremony, even if the rings got left in the room... good thing it was only a quick walk away! We took some really good pictures with the photographer which I cannot wait to see, and then back to the reception, where I got white girl wasted, and we partied the night away! It was a really good day, at around midnight we all piled on the drunk bus that took us back to our hotel, Lewy de-bobbypinned my head and I had a shower, we weren't really tired when we got to our room, but as soon as he turned the lights out I was snoring my head off....  Monday morning came around and we went down to have the after wedding breakfast, where they had a nice little sign up that wasn't even spelled right. My head was pounding, everything felt spinny..... my hair was deflated, I seriously felt like a flat bunny. After breakfast We packed up our things, said a quick good bye and headed home where we spent the rest of the day in bed, too sore and sick to move.

It's now Wednesday and my legs are almost still too sore to walk on. I get the lovely task of having to go into work today as well.
Me getting the party started
The boys and their bbq
Isabella playing hairdresser with my head

Mimosas for breakfast
my hair and make up done
on our way to panorama house
quick selfie with the view we had at panorama house
quick selfie in my bridesmaid dress
then my phone died.... right in the middle of the speeches at the reception! So there were no more photos from me until the morning after at the hotel...

Reservation for breakfast.... btw her last name was spelled "Wragg"



relaxing in the hotel room after breakfast for a while

the view from dan and rhi's balcony

The newlyweds!





No comments:

Post a Comment