Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

¿Viva Los Mexico!

Lolz so this week we had to pay some bills, and book a hotel room for the wedding coming up, and we didnt have much left over to play around with and go out...

So I made a little "Fiesta" in our lounge room and we had a Mexican Date Night.
 I made a cake, which was ultra simple and only took about 45 minutes to whip it up and cook it from scratch! I covered it with some caramel topping like you would use on ice cream.
I spread some blankets and pillows out on the floor so we would have a nice soft place to sit and it would be like a little mini picnic (since it was raining outside we couldn't really go out there...and we don't have anywhere to sit since Sade ate out lawn chairs...)
I lit a few candles and put them around the room, because it was such a blah day outside they suited everything really well, if we were sitting at an old wooden table you would have thought it was an old movie at a bar! Speaking of a bar, no Mexican Date Night would be complete without some Sangria.... which Lewy so thoughtfully picked up on his way home from work to make our night more authentic.

 I set up a little table for our burrito fixins' and even added a little table cloth to make it a little more fancy, we had almost everything u could want for burritos, right down to the homemade guacamole! We were set for our little party, and as luck would have it Lewy did come home from work starving!
 So we sat down on our little indoor picnic blankets and got all comfy on the pillows I'd thrown about, and then we got started on the food, there were beans and cheese and sour cream everywhere! It was like we let dogs in the house to eat and they just knocked everything over and smeared it all over the plates! But nothing went to waste, there was only a little bit of guacamole left over and that's only because I don't like it so that was a special little treat for my bubz, and after all was said and done, we both had full tummies and were both a little bit tipsy from the Sangria, we decided to team with the theme of the night and watch some Mexican themed movies, so we watched Desperado with Antonio Bandares which I had never seen before, (I know you are all wondering how that's possible) and later on Lewy still got to go on the playstation and mess around with the boys, we both got to have a little time to do what we wanted to do, I got my date night and Lewy got his "boys time" it was a really good night and to be honest it cost less than $70 to do... Yes I know we had to stay home, and yes I know it was on the lounge room floor, but hey we don't have to be fancy all the time, sometimes going back to the basics and just having fun is really what it's all about!

So have a think about the last time you and your significant other had a nice little night out or in, maybe make it a surprise for them! And it doesn't have to be Mexican food, that just happens to be something both me and Lewy enjoy eating, but it can be changed to suit your personal tastes!

XxX
~Rah Rah

No comments:

Post a Comment