Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Teddies!

First of all, let me state that there has been a problem... I am not sure if it has to do with the loss of my laptop or what has happened, but all of my blog photos and videos have seemed to disappear...

I was able to replace 98% of the blog photos, luckily because I have them all saved to my pc (which Lewy fixed for me) but the videos are pretty much gone... they were all done using the webcam attached to the laptop and not saved anywhere but here *sad face*

One of the ones affected was the blog about the little teddy bears I made, so I decided to do a proper blog about them... I did leave the other post up because it has the link to the ravelry website so you all can get the pattern... but here is is one more time.

The pattern is pretty straight forward, all knitted on straight needles and sewn together, it's overall a very cute little teddy bear and they are pretty addictive to make.
These pictures are just a few that I made, the brown one on the right went to little Bella, and a twin one went to Daniella for her first Easter, the black one with the white face goes to my mom, the stripy one went to my cousin Ashley's little boy Dylan, and the two little ones are what I like to call my Mr & Mrs bears. They take about 3 days for me to make, the larger ones take the least amount of time, but because my fingers tend to cramp up a bit when knitting for long periods of time I have to put it down and rest a little before starting up again, if you are able to do the whole amount in one sitting it should only take you a day or two at the most to finish one off. I thought it would be pretty fun to play around with them a little bit, hence the stripes and the accessories. The brown bears both had sewn on felt eyes, but you can use fabric paint (like I have done for the rest of them) or even buttons, but I wouldn't suggest that if you plan on giving the finished product to a small child.

 Now the only thing I do differently from the pattern is that I don't stitch closed the neck, I attach the head and the body together using the cast on edges as a guide, I find it makes the whole thing a little bit stronger which is good if you want to have little kiddies dragging it around. The Mr & Mrs Bears were by far my favorite to do, because they have accessories!
 The Mr bear is sporting a nifty little felt top hat, a stunning little mustache, a powder blue tie to match Mrs bear, and not pictured is his little Ball and chain... While Mrs bear is sporting a lovely white veil with a jeweled tiara in blue and silver, as well as a nice little bouquet of silver roses! The had their eyes put on using fabric paint, Mrs bear had a nice little pre-wedding nose job because I made the mistake of painting on some horrid red lips that made her look like a clown, but luckily enough I had enough yarn left over to make her a new nose.




No comments:

Post a Comment