Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Little Envy Doll!

That's right we have a doll!!!! Look at her there in all her glory, hand made by my using a pattern I made entirely by myself all HAND SEWN including her hair.

Yes I have a pattern for her, but no I cannot upload it. Not because I dont want to, but because I do not have a working scanner at the moment, and it was not previously scanned to my computer (sad face) it is sitting here in front of me in an envelope however...

This little girly I have decided to keep for my own daughter whenever she decides to grace us with her presence. But I have made two others, one is a blank state sitting in the bottom of my craft drawers just waiting for a face and some hair and clothes, the other was made into a ninja baby. This is a long story and no I wont go into it, but this one ended up going to one of my very bestest friends ever.
 They all start out blank, bald heads, no eyes. The face is just a sort of round ball with ears attached and a small bead or button sewn in the front for the nose. I do that bit before I start to stuff them. The head and body are all attached and stuffed, the arms and legs are attached separately using buttons so they move up and down like real arms and legs.
After everything is attached and secured I can start to add the details, like ankles and elbows, even a belly button. Because they are all babies (and I really suck at making mouths) I cut the tip off some old dummies or "passifiers"  and used some super glue to attach them to where the mouth would be, just under the nose. Next I drew a line with a pen for where the hair should go, and using a hair colored yarn, I doubled the length I wanted the hair to be, and started to sew around the line, by folding the yarn in half and stitching through the fold to attach the strand to the head. This takes a lot of time though and I don't recommend that you try and do it if you have no patience. I tied the hair up into either pony tails or pig tails just so I didnt have to do as much sewing. Next we put the eyes on the face, you can do any type of eyes you want, felt eyes, glass eyes, googly eyes, or even paint them on! You can make some doll clothes to fit if you like or buy some, or even use some old baby doll clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment