Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Canberra was Awesome!!!!!!

So I haven't been the best little blogger out there, but this time I have an excuse....

Me and Lewy went down to Canberra for the weekend to see our friends Kirstee and Aaron for their housewarming!!! This was the first time I had been down there as well so I was pretty excited!
  Lewy had to work on the Friday so I got to stay home and run around like an idiot trying to pack two peoples things... I still feel like I forgot something but I don't know if I left it here or there. By the way, that's me to the left there, sporting a brand new bulky beanie I made for myself using my easy beanie pattern but altering it slightly. It was so warm and cozy I'm happy I brought it with me because it was absolutely freezing down there!

It took us about 2.5 hours to make it from our house to their house, but that was also at night and we did stop for food, all in all we made some pretty good time! We got really lucky too because Kirstee finally got a day off work, and we got to spend some time with her =)

Now, they have a dog named Zoe, and I swear to all that's good and holy this dog is the most cutest well trained animal in existence! I can only imagine Sade or Daisy being this well trained in my dreams.... the only bad thing was her tail was freaking deadly and she beat us with it every chance she could get (she was just wagging her tail), she was also very ball oriented. She would stand there and stare at the ball, get all excited when you would play with her but she never wanted you to stop throwing it, she would grumble at you if you even looked like you wanted to go inside.... which believe me we all wanted to stay inside because it was freezing down there!

 Kirstee also gave me a great big giant present, three pairs of shoes that didn't fit her any more =) Which made me feel really really special!




Sunday morning was a bit of a hassle, we had to wake up early, Kirstee had to be at work, we had to head off home so I could buy a pair of steel cap boots that in the end I didnt even need....

We said good bye to every one, hopped in the car, and 2 hours later I fell asleep in the passenger seat, and woke up about 30 minutes from home... It was strange to fall asleep in a place I didn't know and wake up knowing exactly where I was, I kind of thought I had dreamed the whole trip!

On Sunday morning before we had to leave I was able to find enough signal on my phone to check my email, (they hadn't connected the internet yet) and was pleasantly surprised to see one from my paypal account saying that I had received a payment.... IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!! Some one out there in the world found one of my patterns on Ravelry, and they pushed that button and bought it!!!!! I finally sold one of my patterns!!!!!!! 

Also lately I have been doing some training to get started in a new field of work. I've been trying to get out of the swimming pool for ages, I reek of chlorine all the time no matter how many showers I take.... and while I love the work, its really taking its toll on me, my hair, and my skin, not to mention that since its now winter down here I have been cut back to one shift a week... that's just not enough to survive on when I have bills and things to pay of my own.
I did my white card online, which means now I can go onto construction sites, and then I did my blue card on Monday, I had to take the train to get to the place and O-M-G I really hate the train. I wore my steel cap boots (which gave me blisters) and brought my black pen like the website told me to do, and as soon as I got there they asked if I had a blue pen, and no one else was in boots. I really wanted to crawl in a hole at that point, but I went ahead and now I am fully qualified to legally control traffic using a stop/slow sign!

Well that's been my week so far, how has yours been?


 XxX ~RahRah

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could answer a quick question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,Id be willing to answer your question about my blog. Just ask away and I will try my best!

      Delete