Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Finally!!!






Yup, thats right! Rah Rah is back in business!! I'm very sorry it has taken me so long to get back into writing, but over the past month both my laptop and pc have died, and both me and Lewy have been sick as doggies...

But now I'm better, and while I havent gotten a replacement laptop just yet I HAVE gotten a new hard drive for my pc.... and believe it or not but when Lewy tried to put it in the old one just magically started working again. So I didnt lose any of my stuff!
So now I have all my pictures, wedding stuff, and my knitting patterns backed up on usbs and kindles XD



Now since my last post promised instructions on knitting a beanie, I will hold true to my promise.




Body of the Hat:
Cast on 84
k 8 rows in rib knit (k2, p2) * Repeat to end
Optional: Attach a different color to being new stripe
k27 rows in St. st.
Optional: Attach another color for final stripe
k13 rows in St. st, ending with a purled row
Note: If you want your hat to be longer or shorter, you can add or subtract rows here before you begin decreasing.
Decrease:
(k10, k2tog)* Repeat 7 times to end
Next Purl
(k9, k2tog)*
Purl
(k8, k2tog)*
Purl
(k7, k2tog)*
Purl
(k6, k2tog)*
Purl
(k5, k2tog)*
Purl
(k4, k2tog)*
Purl
(k3, k2tog)*
Purl
(k2, k2tog)*
Purl
(k1, k2tog)*
Purl
(k2tog)*
Finishing:
   Cut the yarn, leaving a long tail, and pull through remaining stiches, securing in first loop. Use the remaining tail to join the sides together. If you used multiple colors, use the tails from the color change to join that color's section together. Weave in any remaining ends.



Now just a side note that this beanie is made using straight needles. (I have a project in the works using circular needles but I need to finish it)

Because I have to work today, that means this blog will be sort of short and to the point. Tomorrow, however, I am off, and my only housework involves doing laundry in my brand new washing machine, and making my bed....

We have some interesting things to cover, some new patterns to put up, and lots of projects to finish so stay tuned! Also I'm sorry for the gifs, but I am super excited to be able to write on something with a real keyboard again!

Lots of Love,
*Rah~Rah*

No comments:

Post a Comment