Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The First bag...

So here we go! Now I got the pattern for these bags at This Site, and in the instructions it says to knit it "in the round"... now since I'm only a beginner I dont really know how to do that so I have cheated a little bit and decided that I am going to knit two different sections and sew them together.

This is a quite difficult thing to do (unless you're an expert knitter), I had to start over about 4 times which is why it has taken me so long to put up a blog about it! I am VERY happy with the end result even though it took me a while and its not entirely finished, this part on its own could be used by its self, for a wall hanging or a patch on a jacket, maybe even sewn on to a pillow for a Harry Potter themed throw!
For this one I use some angora wool not sure what size it is, and size 11 knitting needles. There is more to this project though, I still have the other half of this bag to do and the other three houses as well! But now that I know what I'm doing it will be easy peasy! So hopefully this will get you all in the mood to try it out, and attempt it at least its a really fun project to do, especially on a rainy day like today was!

Next on the list: finish off the bags! Make more snitches, mice, and cats, and figure out a way to make some magic wands!

No comments:

Post a Comment