Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Little Mice....

I've been in a crafty mood for the past few days, ever since the last Harry Potter movie came out. A few of my friends have decided that we will most definitely need to have a movie marathon and watch them all in order, but we will do it proper and have a full themed night going on. We're talking Bertie Bott's every flavor beans (which you can actually get from shops!), chocolate frogs (because I found molds on e-bay), and even Harry Potter themed goodie bags. I've decided that I would LOVE to make the three pets, some magic wands, bookscarves (which are knitted bookmarks that look like house scarves) and even house bags to put all the goodies in! So I have been looking for patterns on the net (I'm not that great at making my own knitting patterns just yet I'm only a beginner) Ron has a mouse, and I figured this would be the hardest of the animals to make. I found this Holiday Mice pattern on Fuzzymitten's blog. It was actually quite simple!  I knitted it using size 2 double ended needles and some left over gray yarn (I cannot remember the size) and embroidered the eyes and nose. Though this doesn't really look like Ron's rat from the Harry Potter Movies it was only a simple try. It was very hard to knit this pattern using such small needles, however it is necessary to have small stitches because you need to stuff it with poly-fil and if your stitches are too loose or to big the stuffing might fall out, and we don't want that. I haven't quite mastered the art of knitting just yet, I'm mainly working with just two needles and it was hard to find a pattern that was just using that method, there were A LOT of cat toy mice floating around the big wide web, but I was after something a little bit cuter. I have since made a second little mouse this time using bigger gauge yarn and the same size needles, it has turned out a lot better and I think it shall suffice as my Ron themed goodie in my Harry Potter bags. I will have plenty of time to work on them of course, I'm sure the last movie wont be available on dvd for quite some time.

I hope you all enjoyed this little tidbit and the photo! Next Creation? An (almost) Full Size House Elf for a novelty decoration! Pattern created entirely by me while looking at google images from different angels. This pattern will be free to any one who wants it (although it may be on a few different links as there are quite a few pieces I'm having to make!)

No comments:

Post a Comment